Monday, July 4, 2011

No Estate Sale, but Awesome BBQ

This weekend did not go exactly as planned, but it was still a good weekend.  We didn't really do anything until Saturday, but Friday night I made these cookies.
sun drop cookies
Oh god, they were so good. My friend gave me a recipe, but I added the Hershey Kiss. About 15 minutes after you take them out of the oven, they are perfect. They're chewy and the Hershey Kiss is melted, but it holds its shape.
goose attacking
On Saturday I went up to Raleigh, because Dan played golf, and I did not want to be stuck in the house.  While I waited for my friend to get ready, I took Maggie to the park and we sat at a picnic table to have lunch.  Maggie's sandwich was right at the edge of the table.  All of a sudden, about 50 ducks and geese started surrounding us, and while I was shooing them away, a sneaky one got under the table and twisted his neck up to get her sandwich!  He stole the whole thing!  And then he wanted to stay there and eat lunch with us.  He would not go away, and he didn't even mind if I petted him.  I had to give him some more food.  Haha, but soon Maggie got scared and we left.

hanging on the couch watching tv
Sunday we had a BBQ at my friend's house.  There was so much food and I can't believe I didn't take any pictures!  But I did get a couple of random shots.  Haha.  Maggie was beat, and rested while watching Toy Story 3.
hot husband
Dan hanging out watching Toy Story 3 with a sweet stache.
bulldog taking a nap
This was this morning back at my house.  Brutus finally won the battle over if he gets to get on the couch or not.  My husband wanted him to, I did not.  So I broke down and compromised and bought this couch cover for him.  Not really pretty, but at least I can easily take it off if people come over and Brutus gets to sleep comfortably (not that that has ever made him sleep less).

Dan has a 24 hour shift today, but has tomorrow off.  I think I'll be spending the day at home today resting.  I can't believe I'm going to be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  No wonder I'm so tired all the time! 

My friend and I were supposed to go to an estate sale on Sunday morning.  It was going to be amazing!!!  The man's mother was a world traveler so I imagined there was going to be a lot of amazing stuff.  And it was in a really nice part of downtown Raleigh with a lot of old houses.  I got the advertisement from Craigslist, but the address wasn't listed.  I had to email the guy about it and he emailed me back the address and the time we could come.  So, we drive to the place and were horrified.  The building was overgrown with all kinds of plants.  It was a one story, SMALL, brick building, and the windows had bars on them.  There was no sign for the sale, and there were only two cars out front.  We were joking earlier in the day about how we were going to get murdered when we got there.  We drove right past.  Haha, It was just so weird how the guy needed me to make an apointment to come see the house, plus how the building was incredibly out of place.  I guess my first estate sale experience will have to wait a little longer.

How was everyone's weekend?  I hope you have more excited plans than I do for the Fourth.