Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Making a Plan

inspiration quote to start

I have been reading a lot lately about opening up my own shop.  I have looked all over the internet, read the Etsy series "Quit Your Day Job," and now I am reading Craft, Inc.  I have always been one of those people that only do the research.  I NEVER get past this stage.  And when I do research, I obsess about it.  I write stuff down, bookmark pages, e-mail or text myself reminders to read things, but I never really get to the project that I am researching.  I need to change that.  I have talked about that a lot in this blog.  How I need to stop starting things and never finishing them, but I still haven't accomplished that!  I guess it is something that I will have to learn.  I have been doing it my whole life, so its a hard habit to break.

love what you dobruce campbell quote

I would really like to work for myself one day.  I really don't see it any other way.  I have no idea what kind of career I would go into.  I have been into art all my life and working with my hands.  The only thing I think I would enjoy would be owning my own business!  Especially since I could work from home.  But what business to start...  I know how to draw, knit, sew, and embroider.  I really need to set time aside everyday to devote to crafting.  Even if it is only an hour.  I need to practice, not only to improve my skills, but really find out what I love doing.  I don't want to make this a chore.  I've been staying up past my husband at night to study and have had some me time.  It has been awesome.  I have used it to study for my classes, watch True Blood, and read.  Its really a good time to wind down, and its SO QUIET!  It would be the perfect time to get creative.  The only bad thing is, I'm so tired from the day.  I just need to force myself to do it.  I know once I start and see my progress I won't mind the tiredness.  I JUST NEED TO DO IT!

What ways do you motivate yourself?  When do you do your crafting during the day?  If you have a homemade business, how did you choose what you make to sell?


Image Sources:  Red, Love, Cup