Monday, May 16, 2011

Tattoo Monday

tattoo monday

It only seems fitting that if the name of the blog is "The Tattooed Housewife" that there is a feature every week that has some kind of tattoo theme.  Well, I'm going to make that happen.  Every week I'll be featuring an article about a tattoo artist, tattoo themed days like heart, knives, swallows..., or some kind of interesting thing I've found in the history.  Really it could be anything.  I'll just see as I go along!

The first installment of this little adventure is an artist named Stefano Alcantara.  He was born in Lima, Peru in 1976.  There, he was self-taught through only a few apprenticeships, and later opened two shops of his own.  He has only been working as a professional tattoo artist for 8 years, but it looks like 50.  His artwork is amazing.  It consists of mostly realistic portraits of people or figures with EXTREMELY bright colors.  I have never seen colors like this anywhere else!  I know, I know, let's see the pictures!  Here they are!

stefano alacantara

stefano alacantara

stefano alacantara

stefano alacantara

His artwork is truely amazing.  If you have the luxury of living in New York, New York, you are only a couple of miles from him.  He is currently working at Last Rites Tattoo Theatre on W. 33rd St.  Also, if you want to see anymore of his work, click here for his Flickr photos.