Sunday, May 1, 2011

End of April Update: Finished Projects!

I've been off of here for awhile because my computer was in the shop.  I am so happy to have it back!!!  It feels like it took forever!  Its weird.  I almost felt like my child was away from me.  Haha.  That's sad.  Anyways, here's some of the projects I worked on while I wasn't posting.  They're all very amateur since I just started sewing, but i think they turned out okay!


 Purse I made Maggie from a pattern in "Big Little Felt Universe."


Close-up of cherries. 


Shirt I made out of strips of felt.  Didn't work out too well when I washed it.  Sigh.  Learned my lesson to embroider next time. 


Close-up of stitching. 


Green felt I sewed onto a shirt Maggie already had.  I wasn't too happy how it turned out.  I didn't have an embroidery hoop at the time.  Everything on the right got a little sideways.  Oh well.  Another lesson learned.


Awesome train case I got from a thrift store.  Makes an awesome sewing box! 


Love this thing so much.  It has so much room and only cost $16 bucks!

Hopefully, I'll get back to posting on the regular.  I am starting a Mother's Day project soon.  If it turns out well, I'll post the process and the finished product!